Below are lists of common signs of opiate use. If you or someone you love is struggling with opiate use, get help now.
PHYSICAL SIGNS OF OPIATE USE
- Flu-like symptoms including diarrhea, cramping, vomiting
- Itchy skin, picking at skin
BEHAVIORAL SIGNS OF OPIATE USE
- Loss of interest in personal appearance and hygiene
- Secretive phone calls or text messages
- Mood Swings: Depression alternating with euphoria
- Staying up all night / sleeping all day
- Missing valuables or money
- Lack of interest doing favorite activities or being around family and friends
OBJECTS THAT MAY BE CLUES OF OPIATE USE
- Tin folk with burns marks
Source: Learn 2 Cope
Why do people start - and why do they continue taking opioids?